Monday, March 8, 2010
posted by heather at 8:33 AM

Well here we are again.
Nine months of no progress here, but of ups and downs and lots going on elsewhere.

We just embarked on the start of a new chapter of our life. My husband moved down to a new city in a new state to start a new job. He'll live between here and there for the next three months, give or take. We're selling our house, probably finishing out the school year here, looking for a new home there, ready for this next adventure.

He left yesterday.
And today I'm leaving too. Leaving these habits I've been stuck in for way too long.
New job, new city, new chapter= new goal, new body.
My intention, while I'm swinging single here, is to eat right, exercise well, and get rid of at least twenty of these extra pounds before I officially become a Tennessean. By the time my husband and I share a bed 100% of the time again, I want him to notice a marked difference in my body. I want to be proud of my body.

Of course it'd be easier if the inevitable stress of the next three months would just strip off the weight like how stress used to affect me, rather than the emotional eating I've tended to lean towards resulting in the opposite effect in the more recent years.

I have a walking date this morning with a girlfriend and likely for at least four of the next five days. That's a definite step in the right direction to get started.
Off to plan some meals for the week...

Labels: ,