Monday, January 12, 2009
posted by heather at 1:05 PM

Previously I checked my weight every Saturday.
With the "race" I'm in, our weigh-ins are on Monday, so I'm going with that for awhile.
I was dreading weighing myself this morning after my date with fried food this weekend (Mmmm... old fashioned onion rings....), but here we are.

Today's weight: 153 lbs
Today's waist: 35.75"

That's three and half pounds down this week!!
At some point early this past weekend, I got on the scale early, first thing in the morning and my digital one read 149.5. I know it was probably a fluke of some sort, but it really got me excited.
I haven't seen the scale read under 150 with me on it since I was newly pregnant with Savannah. That was over six years ago.
I've been fluctuating in the 150's for ever now and it's kind of gotten to be all the same... 157? 153? 155? meh, they're kind of all in the same ballpark.
I knew lower numbers on the scale would be nicer to read (ie, under 150).
I just didn't quite realize how really nice they are to read. It's like a whole new ball game.
149... that is most definitely NOT in the 150's!!

Seeing that <150lb>
  • 150lbs-- weight between my two pregnancies, haven't really been there since I got pregnant with Sawyer
  • 145lbs-- weight I need to be to weigh less than my husband (this has been a dream of mine for almost our whole marriage)
  • 140lbs-- weight when we got married and pre-pregnancy
  • 130lbs-- weight I was at while dating my husband
  • 115lbs-- weight I was at when I met my husband (coming off of a very stressful, chaotic year in my life)
  • Now, we won't even talk about the 115, because I think we all know I will never be there again. But the rest of those numbers are real.
    And instead of simply putting number goals down, with a random goal weight, after seeing the scale dip under 150 this week, putting these numbers out there this way excites me. Instead of just thinking of a number in my head, say 140, I'm thinking about how long it's been since I've been there (seven years!), how much better I felt (cute clothes!), and that I'm really on my way to being back there. Does that make any sense?

    I cannot wait to be regularly in the 140's. (after this next week!)
    And to eventually be this excited about dipping under that 140 mark the same way.

    Labels:

     
    1 Comments:


    At January 12, 2009 at 9:20 PM, Blogger jessica

    I'm excited just reading this. Knock 'em dead. We miss you guys. Hope all is well. It seems like my google reader, which I love, just doesn't make commenting as regular. I need to get back in the habit. I'm still keeping up, though. Happy new year.