Monday, March 17, 2008
posted by heather at 1:11 PM

So I guess I let my disappointment with my week last week carry through to the weekend...

Friday I did okay (and even did an ab workout), but Saturday was a struggle. I'm starting to see that weekends usually are. I have to be sure that I am doing my best during the week, because the next three weekends we have major plans with friends that most likely involve major food.
Anyway, this weekend we took the kids to a movie Saturday morning. Ryan ALWAYS gets popcorn, and even though I prepped myself for that and told myself I wouldn't have any, I did. And a fruit snack. Then I went ahead and had Macaroni and Cheese for lunch with the kids. Gah!!
That evening I made myself stick to my meal bar and veggies.
Then Sunday I let myself indulge in >two< bowls of Frosted Flakes instead of my usual one cup of Special K and grapefruit. Then I really went and did it... because our lunch plans with friends were changed to dinner plans, we hit McDonald's for lunch after church. And I had a Big Mac. And a few fries. And a few more. And at least I drink Diet Coke, but at that point what's the point?!
So I was stoked about dinner because at least I knew that would be healthy... We had a bunch of friends over and I had a nice little piece of my favorite grilled lemon and basil chicken, with tons of grilled asparagus and salad and a whole heap of cherry tomatoes. BUT THEN. One of the girls went and brought two loaves of our favorite sourdough french bread. So I had plenty of that. Oh, and another? Another girl went and brought cookie dough to actually bake here... so not only did I have to try and resist cookies sitting there, but SMELL UP THE WHOLE HOUSE FRESH OUT OF THE OVEN PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!! So I didn't resist. I had two. Double ugh.

Today's been okay. I had my good breakfast, a protein bar for snack, a turkey sandwich for lunch with the leftover tomatoes and some salad and a handful of these Ranch Puffs. Dinner will be this soup, which is a freebie on the Weight Watchers core plan. And then I will eat the soup leftovers for the rest of the week...

Labels: