Tuesday, March 25, 2008
posted by heather at 6:54 PM

Well, reflecting on my Easter Eating, I have to say I was a very good girl. The day after?... Notsomuch.

Easter Sunday we went to a friends' house for dinner after church. I kept my plate slim with just a good amount of ham, tons of salad, teeny tiny helpings of both the cheesey potatoes and green bean caseroles, and my only downfall was two dinner rolls. I finished up my plate, and although we sat around the table for quite a bit longer and I felt twinges of I should eat more, this food is so good I also was fully aware that I was satisfied and wasn't needing to eat any more food because I wasn't hungry, so I didn't. Our Easter gathering also happened to be a combination 4 year old birthday party too, and I easily turned down the cupcakes and ice cream later in the afternoon.
The kicker? I had absolutely no Easter candy all day except for two simple Peeps. (Come on... a girl cannot be expected to give up Peeps cold turkey at EASTER!). I was feeling quite happy with myself.

But Then.
Monday? I got bored, I got frustrated with the kids, I got overwhelmed with my list of things to do before I take off on Thursday, I got whatever other emotions that come along with the job of a stay at home Mom on a Monday and that Easter candy sitting around my house? It was just a little too convenient. So I ate a chocolate egg here and a Robin's egg there. And finished off the Peeps (I just wrote poop on accident) for lunch. And pretty much ate nothing but candy all day. Oh, plus the second half of SJ's PB&J sandwich. Ugh. I felt horrible. I didn't technically eat that much candy in total... but the fact that that's pretty much all I ate all day? Double Ugh.
I tried to console myself with a great Chicken Salad for dinner. Didn't exactly take away my disgust from the day, but hey-- you gotta move on.

Labels:

 
1 Comments:


At March 25, 2008 at 9:11 PM, Blogger Kim

i'm right there with you! i just couldn't eat well today! ugh.

when we get back from chicago, we'll do this. :)