Saturday, March 8, 2008
posted by heather at 8:49 AM

I think Saturday mornings will be my weigh in days...

Today's weight: 153lbs
Today's waist: 37"

I knew yesterday that I was hovering 153/154 but I fully expected to see those numbers back up this morning after the night we had last night. We had a bunch of friends over for a game night, complete with an Ice Cream Sundae bar. I did my best to scrimp by, but ice cream is my weakness. Plus a brownie. Plus two drinks. (Which actually, is alcohol that bad? I mean I know that beer and alcohol is usually the first on the cut-out list on a diet... but really it's not that many calories, no carbs, no fat, etc. And I drink my rum with Diet Coke.)

Speaking of the brownies... I tried a new recipe yesterday. Knowing we were doing the ice cream thing, and what goes better than ice cream than a warm gooey brownie; I decided to be proactive and try a weight watchers recipe I've had for years (but had never used) for 1 point Brownies, using applesauce and egg whites and low sugar. I had high hopes. And I was sorely disappointed. I had about 4 bites and threw the rest away. I mean, they were edible, but I really didn't care for them. The texture was like a cross between a brownie and a pan of thick fudge. Only not fudgey yummy. Just dry and thick and bleh. I told Ryan I'd rather eat celery sticks.
It was a good thing I had a box of Dunkin Hines brownies ready to go as back-up!!

Labels: ,

 
3 Comments:


At March 8, 2008 at 10:22 AM, Blogger Nicole

I think you made those 1 point brownies about a year and a half ago when I was on WW and we had a game night. Or maybe that was some sort of bread... whatever it was I remember none of us were that impressed.

 

At March 8, 2008 at 1:37 PM, Blogger Kim

GO heather!! so how much are you down so far total? 4 lbs?

hanging out with friends is always a weakness of mine when it comes to trying to eat healthy.

i think alcohol isn't that bad... it depends on what exactly you're drinking... and i think that one of the reasons it's first on the cut-out list is because in general, you eat more when drinking alcohol. and maybe not eat as well, either. :)

i've been doing well over the last couple days. thursday i did a workout DVD for the first time in a long time. yesterday i didn't get a workout in. :( but, today i'm going to go for a hard workout. eating has been going pretty well... easier for me right now because tom is gone, but he'll be home tomorrow, so right now i'm trying to plan out our meals for the upcoming week.

 

At March 8, 2008 at 5:58 PM, Blogger Michelle Leigh

Go you! That's great. I too would rather eat celery than a bad brownie! I stocked my fridge today with good, natural foods. I'm starting tomorrow or Monday. Obviously not to lose weight, but just to get into it and be healthier. It will be easier to transition after the baby then. I'm actually excited about it, imagine that!