Wednesday, March 12, 2008
posted by heather at 1:07 PM

Well, my week isn't off to the start I was hoping for.

Monday was just a terrible day in general around here. The kids and I were all just not getting along, not getting our act together at any point of the day, and not happy about it at all. I believe SJ honestly spent at least 75% of her day crying in her room... either having been sent there in trouble, or stomping up there on her own. Needless to say, we never got out of the house and I never even popped in a video. Even though it probably would have done us all some good...

Tuesday was looking up; we had dance class in the morning and then hit the grocery store on our way home excited about the day full of beautiful sunshine. Then midway through my grocery shopping I got this sudden horrible headache. Horrible. We hurried home, I fed the kids (stopped at the McD's drivethru* on the way cuz I knew I wouldn't be able to scrounge together food for them), shooed them up to bed for naptime and conked out in bed myself. It wasn't a migraine, but as far as headaches go, I've got to say this was the worst I've ever had. I felt like I couldn't even hold my head up... it was all in my neck and the back of my head. I popped a ton of ibuprofen and lay with a heating pad behind my head/neck for a couple of hours. The kids got up and I plopped them in front of the tv, feeling horrible that it was so gorgeous out and I couldn't take them outside. My head finally calmed down enough that we did venture out and the headache was mostly gone by about 4 o'clock. We did all go for a walk after dinner, and I thought about going back to the clubhouse and doing the treadmill or the eliptical or something last night, but I could still feel a twinge of the headache all throughout the evening so I decided against it. But felt kind of bummed all night that my week thus far was a bust as far as exercising goes...

Today we got out early and did a great, long walk. As much as I hate pushing both my kids in the stroller (95-100lbs extra) up and down these hills in our neighborhood, I know it only helps.
Also today this spring weather has me on the ball with housework... I've already done four loads of laundry and cleaned the kitchen, scrubbing clean our (fabric) kitchen chair seats and mopping the floor of the whole kitchen and entryway. That's gotta be better than sitting on my butt, right? I think we'll take another walk this evening and feed the ducks around the corner. Love this weather!!

*The only good thing about yesterday was that I managed to get the kids McD's for lunch and I didn't even order anything for myself!! Yeah, the excruciating headache helped, but I didn't even let myself think of those fries... and didn't even sneak any from the kids' meals either. Anyone who knows me knows that that is a big deal. I have a horrid love affair with MickeyD's. So I did have to give myself a pat on the back for that one!

Labels:

 
1 Comments:


At March 13, 2008 at 3:31 PM, Blogger jenny

you do deserve a pat on the back for resisting mcdevils - i mean, mcdonalds. :) i hope your week continues to improve and you see as good as results this week as last!

keep up the good work!